Migration and Labour market
This section holds the latest DfE analysis on the labour market and migrant workers.
- Infographic and summary analysis of migrant workers in NI
- Northern Ireland Migration, Labour and Skills
- An analysis of migrant workers from the Northern Ireland Census
Other related publications
- NISRA People Movement and Migration
- ONS Living abroad: dynamics of migration between the UK and Ireland
Common Travel Area
This section provides information on cross border people movements.
- Cross Border Movements: The movement of people across the Northern Ireland - Republic of Ireland border
- Background Evidence on the Movement of People across the Northern Ireland - Ireland Border
- Cross Border Movements: Additional Analysis
Other related publications
- Cross Border Shopping Survey (Quarter 1 2018)
- Traffic Counts of Vehicles at the 15 Main Northern Ireland-Ireland Border Crossing Locations
- DExEU Common Travel Area Additional Data Paper
- Atkins Technical Note: Cross Border Travel
Trade and Investment
This section provides research and analysis around the area of trade and investment.
- Characteristics of Northern Ireland Firms Engaged in Trade
- The impact of Brexit uncertainty on greenfield FDI-related new jobs in Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland International Trade and Investment Patterns - Japan
- Northern Ireland International Trade and Investment Patterns
- Northern Ireland Businesses: Trade Flows, Surplus and Deficit
- District Council Area Data
- Analysis of NI Trade in Goods 2016 - 2018
- The Direct Trade Impacts of EU Exit scenarios on Northern Ireland's long term economic performance
- Northern Ireland Trade and Investment data under 'No Deal'
- The potential impacts of Sterling depreciation in a "No Deal" scenario
- Northern Ireland Trade Data - an update
- Irish land border - existing and potential customs facilitations in a no-deal scenario
- The Impact of EU Exit on the attractiveness of FDI to the UK and NI and associated job creation effects
- Northern Ireland Retail Study
- EU Exit and Impacts on Northern Ireland’s Services Trade - Evidence from Services Trade Restrictiveness Indices
- The Annual Purchases Survey in Northern Ireland-Modelling the Origin of Products
- Northern Ireland International Trade in Service - New Perspectives
- Analysis of NI Trade in Goods
- Cross Border Supply Chain Report
The Department for Enterprise, Trade and Investment (DETI) commissioned Oxford Economics to produce an impact analysis of different EU Exit scenarios; this report is available on the Economic Advisory Group website.
DfE has been involved in a range of work being taken forward by NISRA, ONS and InterTradeIreland on trade analysis. Available publications are below.
- Analysis of UK "No Deal" Tariff Schedule in the Context of Cross-Border Trade
- Shock absorption Capacity of Firms in Ireland and Northern Ireland
- NISRA trade slide packs and commentary
- Export Participation and Performance of Firms on the Island of Ireland
- Patterns of Northern Ireland trade by destination, product and business characteristics: 2012 to 2016
- IntertradeIreland Cross Border Trade and Supply Chain Linkages
- IntertradeIreland potential impact of WTO tariffs on cross border trade