The Department for the Economy has launched a public appointment competition to appoint a substantive Chair to the Board of Invest NI.
It is important that people of all ages and from a wide range of backgrounds take up public appointments so that the Boards of public bodies reflect the rich diversity of our society and better understand the needs of the communities they serve.
This is an exciting opportunity to transform the Northern Ireland economy. Applications from women, people with a disability and those from ethnic minority communities would be particularly welcome. The Department operates the Guaranteed Interview Scheme for applicants with a disability.
The appointment attracts remuneration of £46,087 per year and the time commitment is approximately four days per month.
Details of the competition are available at the Invest NI - competition to appoint a chair
An application pack with full details and guidance may be obtained by emailing email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Thursday 9 November 2023.
Notes to editors:
- The Department for the Economy (DfE) is running the competition in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice.
- The Department is committed to the principles of public appointments based on merit with independent assessment, openness, and transparency of process. The Department is also committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes application forms from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of religious belief, gender, race, political opinion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or whether or not they have dependants.
- Applicants invited for interview are eligible for reimbursement of reasonable travelling expenses incurred within the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
- For more information on InvestNI please visit Invest Northern Ireland | The Regional Economic Development Agency for Northern Ireland (investni.com).
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
Twitter – @Economy_NI
Facebook – Department for the Economy NI
Instagram – economy ni
LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Electricity Consumption and Renewable Generation in Northern Ireland: Year Ending September 2023 07 December 2023
- Department for the Economy publishes 2023/24 budget consultation final response 05 December 2023
- Extension to public appointment of Invest NI Interim Chair 01 December 2023
- Reappointment to the board of Northern Ireland Screen 28 November 2023