The Department for the Economy has launched a competition and is inviting applications to find Apprentice of the Year 2018.
Speaking on the day of the launch Permanent Secretary, Noel Lavery said:
“The Apprentice of the Year Awards started back in 2001. These awards recognise apprentices who have demonstrated exceptional progress as well as personal achievement and commitment. It is essential to celebrate the excellent work of the employers and Training Providers who share their expertise and enable individuals to develop their skills and assist them on their chosen career path. I would encourage all those eligible to apply for the awards and showcase the excellent opportunities available through Apprenticeships.”
The Apprentice of the Year Awards will recognise the best apprentices and their employers in a special celebration event in November 2018. The event, attended by all finalists, will celebrate winners in three categories including;
- Apprentice of the Year (Levels 2-3);
- Higher Level Apprentice of the Year (Level 4+); and
- Employer Innovation Award
Those interested in applying must be nominated by their Training Providers or employer and have been in a Department for the Economy contracted Apprenticeship / Higher Level Apprenticeship programme in 2018.
The Employer Innovation Award will showcase employers and Training Providers excellence in working together in the design and delivery of apprenticeships.
Deadline for applications is 29th June and more details can be found at Apprentice of the Year Awards 2018 page.
Notes to editors:
- Full details on application criteria for each of the awards and how to apply are available at Apprentice of the Year Awards 2018.
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on twitter @Economy_NI
- 24 May 2018
- Labour Market Statistics 15 May 2018
- Youth Training and Level 3 Apprenticeship Pilot Activity Statistical Bulletins published 10 May 2018
- Higher Level Apprenticeship Pilot Activity Statistical Bulletin published 10 May 2018