Economy Minister Diane Dodds has announced the appointment of three new members and six reappointments to the Board of Tourism Northern Ireland.
John West, Anya O’Connor and Patricia Corbett have been appointed as new members, with the appointments commencing on 31 May 2020 for a three year period. Terence Brannigan has been reappointed as Chair and Angelina Fusco, Terry McCartney, Michele Shirlow, Colin Neill and Geoff Wilson as members to the Board for a second year term of up to three years with effect from 1 April 2020.
The appointments have been made in accordance with the Code of Practice of the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
- Tourism Northern Ireland is a statutory non-departmental public body (NDPB) established under the Development of Tourist Traffic Act (NI) 1948. Its constitution and continuation were affirmed in the Tourism (NI) Order 1992. Tourism Northern Ireland is funded by the Department for the Economy under Article 7 of the Order, from monies voted by Parliament. Tourism Northern Ireland is the trading name of the Northern Ireland Tourist Board. The post of Chair is remunerated at £26,525 per annum and members at £5,325 per annum.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees (if any declared) to be published. The appointees have confirmed no political activity.
- Pen pictures of the appointees are available at on the Department's website.
- For media enquiries, please contact the DfE Press Office at email@example.com
- Follow us on Twitter
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- County Down director agrees to disqualification 07 May 2021
- Air connectivity vital for economic recovery: Dodds 06 May 2021
- Economy Minister welcomes 61 business projects sharing £3.3million in innovation funding 06 May 2021
- Dodds opens new £15million Banbridge campus for Southern Regional College 05 May 2021