Code of Practice
Adherence to a Code of Practice for Official Statistics is essential to maintain a statistical service that meets the needs of government and society and which is both trustworthy and trusted. The production and dissemination of Official Statistics is governed by the Statistics and Registration Service Act (2007).
Official statistics and compliance with the code are regulated and assessed by the UK Statistics Authority.
Official Statistics assessed as compliant are designated as National Statistics. National statistics for all UK administrations can be accessed through the publication hub.
The document below contains details of recent and forthcoming statistical publications.
The documents below provide details on how the Department ensure that the statistics they publish comply with the Code of Practice for Official Statistics:
- Statement of Compliance
- Statistics Revision Policy
- Confidentiality Statement
- Statement of Administrative sources used for statistical purposes
- Guidance on quality measurement and reporting
Details of consultations initiated by Analytical Services branch in the Department are contained on this page.
There are no consultations at present.
Details of past consultations are listed below:
- Essential Skills Statistical Publications - User Consultation Summary May 2012
- Changes to Steps to Work Statistical Bulletins – summary of 2012 consultation
- UK Higher Education enrolments consultation summary
Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Statistics and Research Branch Customer Satisfaction Survey 2014
- Programme Information Analysis Branch Customer Satisfaction Survey 2014
- Essential Skills Statistical Publications - Customer Satisfaction Summary May 2012
- Vacancies Statistical bulletin - Customer Questionnaire 2012 - summary of results
- Higher Education Statistical Bulletins - Customer Questionnaire 2011 - summary of results
- Higher Education Statistical Bulletins - Customer Questionnaire 2010 - summary of results