Further education sector activity
The statistics presented in this bulletin cover the characteristics of those enrolling in FE colleges and trends across a range of variables including sex, age, mode of attendance, provision area, level of study, subject area, areas of deprivation, funding streams, and performance (retention, achievement and success rates) over a five year period.
To view the statistical bulletins, please select the period required.
- Further education sector activity in Northern Ireland: 2015/16 to 2019/20
- Further education activity in Northern Ireland: 2014/15 to 2018/19
- Further education activity in Northern Ireland: 2013/14 to 2017/18
- Further education activity in Northern Ireland: 2013/14 to 2016/17
- Further education activity in Northern Ireland: 2013/14 to 2015/16
- Further education activity in Northern Ireland: 2010/11 to 2014/15
- Further education activity in Northern Ireland: 2009/10 to 2013/14
From the academic year 2013/14 onwards, the term ‘‘Regulated’ (to align with the definition employed by the Office of Qualifications, Assessment and Examinations (OFQUAL)) will now be used in regard to this type of provision within FE. This cohort of FE provision is comparable with the previous figures for Professional and Technical.
An analysis of the FE activity readership survey conducted in September 2019 is available:
Further education (including Essential Skills) ad hoc tables are produced in response to user requests and contain combinations of data that are not available in standard publications.
All historical reports are available at the following links:
Quality report on further education activity
A report including information on different dimensions of quality (relevance, accuracy, timeliness and punctuality, accessibility and clarity, coherence and comparability) can be accessed below.