Bankruptcy and travelling abroad

This section contains information regarding travelling abroad if you are an undischarged bankrupt.

Bankruptcy and travelling abroad

If you are bankrupt you must:

  • obtain the written consent of the Official Receiver if you want to travel to Great Britain or the Republic of Ireland
  • apply to the court for leave if you wish to travel to any other country

If you remain outside Northern Ireland with the consent of the Official Receiver or the leave of the court for longer than two weeks, you must inform the Official Receiver of the address you are staying at and of every change of address during your stay.

Back to top