Economy Minister Diane Dodds has announced further details in regards the Wet Pubs Business Support Scheme
The Minister said:
“Our hospitality industry has been hugely impacted as a result of Covid Health Regulations and amongst those hardest hit are those traditional pubs only serving alcohol. These establishments have been required to remain closed for longer than other businesses and been unable to trade. The Wet Pubs Business Support Scheme will provide £10.6m in support to those drink-only public houses forced to remain closed between 4 July and 23 September when the rest of the hospitality sector was permitted to open and trade.
“Rollout of the scheme will now commence during the week beginning the 11 January 2021. Qualifying Wet Pubs will be identified by my Department from a list of recipients of the Localised Restrictions Support Scheme provided by Land & Property Services. My Department will be contacting them before the end of January 2021. Businesses will be asked to supply supporting information to ensure all recipients are correctly identified and minimise the risk of fraud and error. Once applications are verified payments will be made as soon as possible thereafter.”
The Minister added:
“To help businesses understand how this scheme has been designed and the eligibility criteria, a list of frequently asked questions is available on the nibusinessinfo website at http://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/wpbss."
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries, contact the DfE Press Office at email@example.com
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Air connectivity vital for economic recovery: Dodds 06 May 2021
- Economy Minister welcomes 61 business projects sharing £3.3million in innovation funding 06 May 2021
- Dodds opens new £15million Banbridge campus for Southern Regional College 05 May 2021
- Minister Dodds opens scheme to help businesses accelerate benefits of digital technology 05 May 2021