The Department for the Economy has launched a public appointment competition to recruit 12 board members to the Construction Industry Training Board Northern Ireland (CITB NI).
CITB NI’s aim is to encourage the training of those employed or intending to be employed in the Northern Ireland construction industry. It delivers training in partnership with a wide selection of industry employers and bodies each with their own needs and requirements, using the combined industry resources to support critical skills and interventions that would not otherwise be available.
Encouraging individuals with the necessary skills to consider applying, Economy Minister Gordon Lyons said:
“This is an exciting and significant opportunity to influence the provision of training and skills in the Northern Ireland Construction Sector. The successful candidates will help us to support the economic recovery post Covid-19 and sustain our aim of building a modern economy, which includes supporting our current and future workforce with access to the skills, learning and development required for sustainable career pathways.
“It is important that people from a wide range of backgrounds take up public appointments to enable Boards of public bodies to reflect the rich diversity of our society and better understand the needs of the communities they serve.
“If you want to help shape the recovery, growth and future of the construction sector in Northern Ireland in the years to come, and have the skills required then please consider applying.’’
We particularly welcome applications from women, people with a disability and those from ethnic minorities as these groups are currently under-represented on public boards across Northern Ireland. A Guaranteed Interview Scheme for applicants with a disability, will operate for this competition.
The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Friday 17 September 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
For further information on the positions including responsibilities and selection criteria please download or request an application pack at the Department for the Economy public appointments page. Alternatively contact DfE Public Appointments Unit by phone on 02890257634 or by e-mail email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- The Construction Industry Training Board Northern Ireland is a Non Departmental Public Body and reports to the Department for the Economy (the sponsoring department). The Board consists of a Chairperson and 12 members. Further information on the Construction Industry Training Board Northern Ireland can be found on CITB website.
- This is an open competition which involves an application form and interview. The competition is being run in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland Code of Practice. Independent assessment, openness and transparency are integral parts of the process. The Department for the Economy is committed to equality of opportunity for all individuals and applications are welcome regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, religion, ethnic origin, political opinion, sexual orientation, or whether or not you have dependents.
- Appointments will be made on merit from those individuals who best satisfy the following three essential criteria: Setting the Strategic Direction, Collaboration and Partnership, Leadership plus a choice of either Good Governance or Effective Decision Making. The criteria are all of equal weight. Applicants will be required to provide details of how meet the relevant definition of an employer member, or an employee member, or an educational member.
- Appointments will be made on an ongoing basis over the period December 2021 to June 2022 for an initial three year term. The posts attract remuneration of £77.50 for under 4 hours per day and £155.00 for over four hours per day. The Board normally meets six times a year and as a member you will be expected to participate in sub-committees and attend events. The estimated total time commitment is approximately 15 days per year.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- For media enquiries please contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Lyons launches £1m Conference Support Scheme for tourism industry 17 September 2021
- Co. Antrim director agrees to disqualification 16 September 2021
- Lyons attends DSEI in London to support NI companies 16 September 2021
- Competition to appoint a new Chairperson to Stranmillis University College Governing Body 16 September 2021