The Department for the Economy has announced the appointment of a new member to the board of the Labour Relations Agency (LRA).
Mr John Taylor has been appointed to serve as a member of the board from 1 February 2022 to 31 January 2025.
The appointment was made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland. More information is available at Public Appointments NI
Notes to editors:
1. A pen picture is available at LRA pen picture
2. The LRA is a non-departmental public body, sponsored by the Department for the Economy, offering impartial advice to both employees and employers. It has responsibility for promoting the improvement of employment relations in Northern Ireland. It provides impartial and independent services for promoting good employment practices and preventing and resolving disputes. The LRA has its origin in the Industrial Relations (Northern Ireland) Order 1976. Its objectives are determined by a board consisting of a Chair and nine members.
3. LRA appointments are regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments (CPANI).
4. Board member remuneration is currently £5,643 per annum, with a time commitment of 10 meetings per year.
5. These appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees (if any declared) to be published. Mr Taylor has declared no political activity.
6. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @EconomyNI
- Skills to Succeed Facebook
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
7. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com
8. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- 20 opportunities on latest Assured Skills Financial Services Academy with FinTrU 07 February 2023
- Skill Up initiative helping thousands boost their career prospects – apply now 02 February 2023
- Essential Skills Enrolments and Outcomes in Northern Ireland from 2017/18 to 2021/22 30 January 2023
- Northern Ireland Business Demography Statistics 2021 26 January 2023