Economy Minister Gordon Lyons is in The Netherlands this week to meet with seven Northern Ireland companies participating on Invest Northern Ireland’s Going Dutch Programme.
The Minister is on a two-day visit to Amsterdam where he also met with the UK Ambassador to the Netherlands.
Minister Lyons said:
“The Netherlands is our second most important European market and presents real opportunities for ambitious Northern Ireland companies. It is also a good starter market for first-time and less experienced exporters.
“Over the years, Invest NI’s Going Dutch programme has supported in excess of 150 Northern Ireland businesses to secure strong export successes across multiple sectors including Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering, Agri-Food, Life and Health Sciences, and Financial, Professional and Business Services.
“It is great to be in Amsterdam to support this latest group of Northern Ireland companies to explore this market and grow their exports.”
The latest figures from HMRC (Apr 2020 – Mar 2021) value Northern Ireland exports of goods to The Netherlands at £304m.
Invest NI’s Going Dutch Programme gives Northern Ireland companies the confidence to sell into their first international market by targeting the Netherlands. It helps companies to research the market and identify and arrange meetings with potential customers or partners.
The Minister continued:
“During my visit, I have had the opportunity to meet with the UK Ambassador to the Netherlands to help develop relations and support the development of export opportunities in this market.”
Seven companies are participating on the 2021 Going Dutch Programme. They are Ascot Signs, BellaMoon, Decom Engineering, Finnebrogue Vegetarian Company, Inish Education Technology, Hellbent and Nulok Roofing Systems.
Notes to editors:
- Information on the Going Dutch Programme is available on the Invest NI website.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out-of-hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Project Stratum milestone as hyperfast connectivity reaches 15k premises 29 November 2021
- Check your balance and spend it all - Lyons 26 November 2021
- Northern Ireland Labour Force Survey – Young People Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) 25 November 2021
- County Antrim director agrees to disqualification 25 November 2021