Economy Minister Diane Dodds has outlined her 10X Economy strategic priorities and high level ambitions that will shape her approach to trade and investment.
Minister Dodds said:
“I want to harness trade and investment as a catalyst for inclusive, green growth in Northern Ireland to support our economic transformation over the next decade.
“Northern Ireland has a rich history as a trading and exporting region, built on the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit of its people. As we emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic we will need to apply that spirit with renewed energy and focus. I am committed to working with business to make that happen.
“In simple terms, we want to sell more and attract more high-value inward investment for the benefit of our businesses and our people. We will work with our delivery partners to sharpen our focus on the markets, clusters and technologies of opportunity to make that happen.”
The ambitions within ‘Trade and Investment for a 10X Economy’ are identified at a high level and are underpinned by a series of principles which will shape the development of a trade and investment action plan this year.
The Minister continued:
“We see an important role for government to work with businesses and entrepreneurs of all shapes and sizes to foster a bold, outward-looking and ambitious international mind set. ‘Trade and Investment for a 10X Economy’ outlines the principles of inclusivity and collaboration that will frame that engagement.”
‘Trade and Investment for a 10X Economy’ is available on the Trade and Investment for a 10X Economy - DfE website.
Notes to editors:
- The ‘10X Economy’ vision document is available on the DfE website.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com .
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Electricity Consumption and Renewable Generation in Northern Ireland: Year Ending September 2021 02 December 2021
- Essential Skills statistical bulletin published 02 December 2021
- Spend Local cards boost High Street by over £100m 30 November 2021
- Project Stratum milestone as hyperfast connectivity reaches 15k premises 29 November 2021