Economy Minister Gordon Lyons has encouraged Northern Ireland tourism providers to become accredited with the ‘We’re Good to Go’ industry standard mark.
The UK-wide industry standard and consumer mark provides reassurance to businesses, customers and communities that safe working guidelines in relation to Covid-19 have been adopted.
Speaking after a series of visits the Minister said:
“There are currently over 1,800 businesses in Northern Ireland accredited with the ‘We’re Good to Go’ mark and we want as many businesses as possible to sign up for the accreditation mark.
“The industry standard mark has been introduced to help reassure people that tourism providers are once again open for business and taking the necessary precautions to keep visitors, customers and staff safe. It indicates a business has agreed to comply with Covid-19 safety guidelines, like social distancing and recommended cleaning processes; and also to undergo spot checks to ensure procedures are being maintained.
“All businesses operating within the visitor economy including accommodation providers, visitor attractions, restaurants and pubs, business conference and events venues, and tour and coach operators are currently eligible to apply for the ‘We’re Good To Go’ industry standard. UK members are automatically eligible for the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) international ‘Safe Travels’ stamp.”
For further information on the accreditation visit the TourismNI website.
Notes to editors:
- Picture captions
- Sawers. Pictured Left to right: Kieran Sloan, owner Sawers, Economy Minister Gordon Lyons, Cathy McCormick, Tourism NI and Caroline Wilson Founder Taste and Tour
- Belfast Zoo. Pictured Left to right: Economy Minister Gordon Lyons, Ryan Black, Director of Neighbourhood Services Belfast City Council, Cathy McCormick, Tourism NI and Alyn Cairns, Belfast Zoo Manager
- Grand Central. Pictured Left to right: Economy Minister Gordon Lyons, Cathy McCormick, Tourism NI and Stephen Meldrum, General Manger Grand Central
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110
- Increase in shoppers as Spend Local cards continue to boost high streets 03 December 2021
- Electricity Consumption and Renewable Generation in Northern Ireland: Year Ending September 2021 02 December 2021
- Essential Skills statistical bulletin published 02 December 2021
- Spend Local cards boost High Street by over £100m 30 November 2021