Economy Minister Gordon Lyons today announced a new Assured Skills Human Capital Academy, in partnership with Deloitte.
The Academy will see 39 participants receive six weeks of industry-relevant training with South Eastern Regional College (SERC) to provide the skills and experience required to take up exciting positions in Deloitte. Successfully completing the Academy will guarantee a job interview for a Belfast-based Analyst role at Deloitte within Human Capital as a Service (HCaaS) or HR Consulting business.
Highlighting the opportunity, the Minister said:
“I am pleased to announce this new Assured Skills Human Capital Academy with Deloitte. This offers a great opportunity for 39 individuals to reskill or train for an Analyst role within Human Capital as a Service or HR Consulting and potentially gain employment with a leading multinational company.
“Assured Skills Academies have a successful track record in providing people with high quality training while helping employers access the skilled people they need to grow. These training places, funded by my Department, will position participants strongly to compete for a job with Deloitte in this exciting sector and I would urge anyone who is eligible to consider applying.”
Jackie Henry, Office Senior Partner at Deloitte in Northern Ireland and Managing Partner for People and Purpose at Deloitte UK, said:
“Deloitte firmly believes that Northern Ireland needs to continue to invest in its skills base across key sectors in order to take advantage of opportunities and ensure that our economy remains competitive on the international stage. As such, we are delighted to announce the latest Deloitte Academy in partnership with the Department for the Economy.
“Our Deloitte Assured Skills Human Capital Academy offers an exciting opportunity for people to develop new skills that will potentially help them to secure a role in a fast-growing area of our consulting business and equip them with the tools and experience needed to take the next steps in their career.”
Ken Webb, Principal of SERC, said:
“This Assured Skills Academy, in partnership with Deloitte, offers an excellent opportunity to join a major company in an important sector. The training students will receive will provide the foundation for a successful career, whatever subject area they have studied so far. SERC is very proud to be part of this initiative which will contribute to skills growth in Northern Ireland through high-quality education and training.”
Due to the pandemic, training may be a hybrid of onsite and online learning through a virtual classroom provided by SERC.
Applications for the Deloitte Human Capital Academy are open now and close on Monday 24 January.
Applicants must hold a minimum 2:2 degree in any discipline, or a Level 5 qualification (HND or Foundation Degree) in a related subject plus one year’s relevant experience.
For more information and to apply, visit nidirect
Notes to editors:
1. Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information on Assured Skills is available at: Assured Skills programme
2. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
Twitter – @Economy_NI
Facebook – @EconomyNI
3. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com
4. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Murphy announces additional £1m of financial support for students 04 March 2024
- Minister welcomes new Chair of Invest NI 01 March 2024
- Murphy welcomes growth in tourism from the south 29 February 2024
- Work Quality in Northern Ireland Statistics 27 February 2024