Economy Minister Gordon Lyons has announced the appointment of Sir David Sterling as the new Chair of the board of Northern Ireland Screen.
Sir David replaces Dame Rotha Johnston CBE whose tenure came to an end on 31 January 2022.
The new Chair has been appointed to serve on the Board for a five year period from 1 February 2022 to 31 January 2027.
The Department for the Economy made the appointment in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland Code of Practice.
Notes to editors:
- The Northern Ireland Screen Commission (trading as Northern Ireland Screen) was established in 1997 to accelerate the development of a dynamic and sustainable film industry and culture in Northern Ireland. Limited by Guarantee, Northern Ireland Screen is a Non-Departmental Public Body (NDPB) which was formerly a Department of Culture Arts and Leisure (DCAL) sponsored body. On 9 May 2016 Northern Ireland Screen transferred to DfE as part of the restructuring of government departments and DfE is now the sponsoring department for Northern Ireland Screen.
- The Chair receives remuneration of £10,000 per annum and travel and subsistence allowances are payable at Northern Ireland Civil Service rates.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Sir David has declared no political activity.
- A Pen Picture can be obtained on the Department’s website.
- To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @EconomyNI
- Skills to Succeed Facebook – SkillstoSucceedni
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Lyons welcomes 20 high quality training places on PwC Professional Services Assured Skills Academy 16 May 2022
- Lyons announces annual increase in limits for unfair dismissal and redundancy payments 13 May 2022
- Lyons welcomes world-leading Higher Education research results 12 May 2022
- Lyons - Agri-Food Sector key to 10X success 12 May 2022