Economy Minister Gordon Lyons has announced the appointment of a new Chair and twelve board members to the Construction Industry Training Board Northern Ireland (CITB NI).
Dorothy McKee and Aidan Sloane have been appointed by the Minister to serve as members on the board for a three-year period from 25 April 2022. Noel Brady has been appointed by the Minister to serve as Chair and Geraldine Gordon, Julie McKeown, Duane McCreadie, Jonathan Payne, Shauna Young, Kevin Smyth, Ciara King, Lynsey Graham, Noel McKee and Gerard Graham as board members for a three-year period from 18 July 2022.
CITB NI is the only remaining statutory training board in Northern Ireland whose purpose is to encourage the training of those employed or intending to be employed in the construction industry in Northern Ireland.
The appointments are made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland (CPANI). More information is available on the CPANI website.
Notes to editors:
1. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments in Northern Ireland requires that the political activity of appointees be published. All appointees have declared they have no political activity within the last five years.
2. All appointments to the board are made on a part-time basis. The post attracts remuneration of £77.50 for under four hours per day and £155.00 for over four hours per day. The board normally meets six times a year and members are expected to participate in sub-committees.
3. The post of Chair attracts remuneration of £19,843.20 per annum plus travel expenses. The estimated total time commitment is approximately 6 days per month.
4. More information is available on the CITB NI pen pictures.
5. Between them, the appointees bring a broad range of skills and knowledge to the role which include: skills development; strategic planning; business development; governance and financial management; human resources and health and safety.
6. For media enquiries please contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @EconomyNI
- Skills to Succeed Facebook
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
8. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Consultation launched on approach to 10X Technologies and Clusters 29 September 2023
- 20 high quality training places available on Business Operations Assured Skills Academy with EOS IT Solutions 29 September 2023
- Northern Ireland Composite Economic Index Quarter 2 2023 28 September 2023
- Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Awards 2024 launched 26 September 2023