The tenure of Rose Mary Stalker, Chair of Invest NI, comes to an end on 31 January 2023.
The Department would like to express its thanks to Ms Stalker for the dedication she has demonstrated during her time as a board member and her subsequent term as Chair.
A competition for a new Chair of Invest NI will be launched in due course. In the meantime, the Department will put in place plans to appoint an interim Chair.
Notes to editors:
- Ms Stalker’s three-year term of appointment as Chair of Invest NI ended on 31 July 2022 (Ms Stalker was also a board member from 1 April 2012 to 31 July 2019).
- Former Economy Minister Gordon Lyons extended Ms Stalker’s term of appointment until 31 January 2023 due to the Independent Review of Invest NI. The Review has now concluded and was published on 11 January 2023.
- Invest Northern Ireland was established under the Industrial Development Act (Northern Ireland) 2002, and its role is to promote innovation, enterprise and competitiveness in Northern Ireland businesses, encourage new start-ups and market Northern Ireland as a location for inward investment.
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @DeptEconomyNI
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
- Temporary governing body chair appointed at Belfast Metropolitan College 21 September 2023
- Economic Output Statistics 14 September 2023
- Labour market statistics 12 September 2023
- Co. Down director agrees to disqualification 11 September 2023