The Department for the Economy has announced an extension to the term of Tom Gray, on the board of Northern Ireland Screen. Mr Gray was appointed under the genre of Digital Transformation of Education.
The extension will be effective from 1 June 2023 for up to six months.
The extension was made in accordance with the Code of Practice of the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland, details of which can be found at Public Appointments NI.
Notes to editors:
- Northern Ireland Screen is the lead screen agency in Northern Ireland and is a Non-Departmental Public Body of the Department for the Economy.
- NI Screen was not founded under any direct legislation. The Northern Ireland Screen Commission (Northern Ireland Screen) is a Company Limited by Guarantee, not having a Share Capital, and having the registered number NI 31997 under the Companies (Northern Ireland) Order 1986. As a company incorporated in Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland Screen is subject to the requirements of Northern Ireland company law. The functions, duties and powers of Northern Ireland Screen are set out in Northern Ireland Screen’s Memorandum and Articles of Association. The Articles of Association give the Department the power to appoint Board Members in consultation with the Department for Communities.
- Members are not remunerated. Travel and subsistence allowances are payable at Northern Ireland Civil Service rates.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Tom Gray has not carried out any political activity in the past five years.
- To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @DeptEconomyNI
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Pen picture - Tom Gray - Tom has 30 years experience in the IT Sector as Group CTO and Director of Innovation of Kainos. He is also an Angel Investor and holds Board positions in a number of Tech start-ups across the UK. Tom holds a BSc in Computer Science from Queen's University Belfast and is a Member of the Institute of Engineering and Technology (MIET) and is past-Chair of IET NI. Tom has significant experience in driving Innovation in organisations across the gamut of Financial Services, Telecommunications, Retail, Real Estate, Media, etc and was recognised as the Most Influential Person in Tech in Northern Ireland by Tech Nation in 2018. Tom set up and ran the Northern Ireland branch of Digital Catapult and, since 2013, has curated the annual BelTech conference and, since 2019, AI Con. Tom is a member of the Northern Ireland Science Panel, MATRIX and is a Director of companies in the Identity (SureCert), Virtual Reality (NEON) and Healthcare (Service Robotics) spaces. Tom is also a member of the IET Engineering Policy Group for NI. Tom is passionate about ensuring that everyone in Northern Ireland has access to appropriate Digital Skills. Tom created and sponsors the Kainos Tech Outreach programme, is co-Chair of the Ulster University Industrial Liaison Panel.
- Temporary governing body chair appointed at Belfast Metropolitan College 21 September 2023
- Economic Output Statistics 14 September 2023
- Labour market statistics 12 September 2023
- Co. Down director agrees to disqualification 11 September 2023