Economy Minister Simon Hamilton MLA has expressed his concern at the possibility of 313 jobs losses at Wiggle CRC in Doagh, Carrickfergus and Ballyclare. The company employs over 600 people in County Antrim.
The Minister said: “This is a deeply worrying time for staff at Wiggle CRC in Northern Ireland. They are foremost in my thoughts.
Chain Reaction was a highly successful homegrown firm. It's success led to the Wiggle investment. Whilst my officials are already in contact with the company, I will engage with Wiggle management at the earliest opportunity to explore ways of retaining as many jobs as possible."
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries contact DFE Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- Invest NI Review Action Plan published 04 October 2023
- Reappointment of members to board of Stranmillis University College 04 October 2023
- Consultation launched on approach to 10X Technologies and Clusters 29 September 2023
- 20 high quality training places available on Business Operations Assured Skills Academy with EOS IT Solutions 29 September 2023