Economy Minister Diane Dodds today announced that learners on the Training for Success programme can start to return to their work placements.
The return of trainees to workplaces is phased and is in line with the wider re-opening of specific sectors of the economy.
Speaking about the move, the Minister said:
“We have almost 4,000 learners on the Training for Success programme and I have been keen to get them back learning, safely, in their work placement environments.
“Work placements are central to Training for Success. They allow young people to develop the key practical skills they need to complete their course of learning. In turn, participants are more employable and we enhance the supply of skills to support the economy in important sectors such as health and social care, engineering and construction.
“Today is therefore an important further step forward in the economic recovery.”
On 5 June, the Minister established an advisory and oversight group to help prepare for the safe resumption of onsite delivery of vocational learning.
The group has been working collaboratively with both the further education and non-statutory sectors to prepare for a safe resumption of onsite provision and related activity at campuses and training centres.
Today’s move follows the partial re-opening on June 15 of further education colleges and work-based-learning providers to support delivery of vocational qualifications.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Minister announces Neueda to expand in Belfast with 230 new jobs 06 August 2020
- Minister delivers keynote speech to Shoosmiths Business Web Seminar 06 August 2020
- County Tyrone motor trader fined and ordered to pay compensation for falsifying car documents 05 August 2020
- Economy Minister Diane Dodds highlights the strengths and potential of Northern Ireland’s Life and Health Sciences sector 04 August 2020