Economy Minister Diane Dodds today announced 20 high quality training places on an Assured Skills Academy with FinTrU.
Open to applications from people with a degree in any discipline, the Assured Skills Academy will see successful applicants receive four weeks of industry-relevant training in financial services skills from Belfast Met and Ulster University.
Participants who complete the course are guaranteed an interview for a role with FinTrU in Belfast.
Commenting on the opportunity, the Minister said:
“I am pleased to announce another Assured Skills Academy with FinTrU. This is an exciting opportunity for people with a degree in any discipline to learn the skills they need to start a career in financial services.
“No experience is needed – participants will receive practical, real-world training and be well placed to compete for a job after the training.
“With a weekly training allowance of £155 also provided, this is an excellent opportunity and I urge anyone who is interested and eligible to apply.”
Sinead Carville, Chief Human Resources Officer at FinTrU, said:
“FinTrU’s Financial Services Academy represents a brilliant opportunity for people who have recently graduated or wish to make a career change to an exciting industry. No experience is required but we are seeking applications from ambitious individuals who want to join our award-winning team here in Belfast.
“FinTrU has continued to grow in recent times with over 300 new colleagues joining us last year remotely. In March 2021, FinTrU was recognised by the Financial Times as one of the fastest growing companies in Europe. Our Financial Services Academy allows candidates to embark on a new career with us and be part of our journey.”
Training will be delivered remotely and cover areas including Compliance, Legal, Risk, Operations, KYC and Consultancy. The Academy training will be delivered through an online virtual classroom.
Michael Pogue, Senior Lecturer in Financial Services at Ulster University Business School, said:
“Ulster University is pleased to be involved in the delivery of another Assured Skills Academy in conjunction with FinTrU and Belfast Met. The current mode of virtual delivery makes use of the latest remote learning technology to ensure participants in the Academy gain the knowledge and skills they require for employment in the expanding financial services sector.”
Louise Warde Hunter, Principal and Chief Executive of Belfast Met, added:
“Belfast Met is delighted to be delivering another virtual Academy for FinTrU with Ulster University. Our learners will receive a range of high quality, industry relevant training that will ensure they are provided with vital skills and knowledge to secure a job in the growing financial services sector.”
Applications for the FinTrU Assured Skills Academy are open until 7 May. No experience is required but applicants must hold a 2:2 degree or better in any discipline.
Initial Interviews will be held by telephone on 24-25 May and if successful further video interviews will be held 31 May-2 June.
Training will commence on Monday 21 June and finish on Friday 16 July, including training on 12 and 13 July.
More information and details of how to apply are on nidirect.
Notes to editors:
- Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information is available on the DfE website.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Reopening close contact services is the next step towards better days: Dodds 23 April 2021
- Poots and Dodds announce review into future of agri-food sector 23 April 2021
- Dodds announces payments to be extended under two business support schemes 23 April 2021
- Dodds announces 20 high quality training places for the north west with Alchemy Technology Services 21 April 2021