Economy Minister Diane Dodds today announced 25 high quality training places for people with degrees on an Assured Skills Academy with Deloitte.
Focussing on Transformation, Finance and Technology, the Assured Skills Academy will see participants receive four weeks of industry-relevant training with Belfast Met. Completing the Academy guarantees an interview for a role at Deloitte.
Highlighting the opportunity, the Minister said:
“I am pleased to announce 25 training places on this Assured Skills Academy with Deloitte and Belfast Met.
“This Academy is an excellent opportunity for people with degrees in any discipline to reskill for a career in business consultancy and potentially gain employment with leading multinational Deloitte.
“No experience is necessary – I urge anyone who is interested and eligible to apply.”
Belfast Met will deliver the Academy to participants in a virtual classroom. Training will develop core business skills such as creating and delivering presentations, process mapping, stakeholder management and engagement. It will also cover specialised areas including business consultancy, Prince 2, data visualisation and BCS modelling business process.
Jackie Henry, Senor Partner at Deloitte in Belfast said:
“Deloitte’s previous 18 assured skills academies have enabled us to bring 266 talented individuals into the firm from diverse career backgrounds, so we are excited to launch our first academy of 2021. We are looking for innovative individuals, problem solvers who enjoy working collaboratively and have potential to add real value for our clients.
“To grow our economy and remain competitive globally, Northern Ireland needs to invest in enhancing skills in a number of key areas, particularly those linked to the digital and technology sector. We at Deloitte are proud to play our part in developing those skills and building on the region’s existing strengths.”
Louise Warde Hunter, Principal and Chief Executive of Belfast Met, confirmed:
“Belfast Met is pleased to be delivering this latest Assured Skills Academy in partnership with Deloitte and the Department for the Economy. The College has been delivering Academies with Deloitte for a number of years and we have a proven record of delivering high quality industry-relevant training with a high percentage of people securing jobs as a result. The training will provide vital jobs in growth sectors and we look forward to continuing this success, and to welcoming the next cohort of participants to this Deloitte Assured Skills Academy.”
Applications for the Deloitte Assured Skills Academy in Transformation, Finance and Technology are open now and will close on 21 March 2021.
Applicants must hold a minimum 2:2 degree in any discipline.
More information and how to apply can be found on the Assured Skills Academies page of the nidirect website.
Notes to editors:
- Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information is available on the Assured Skills Prgramme page of the Department's website.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI.
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com .
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Reopening close contact services is the next step towards better days: Dodds 23 April 2021
- Poots and Dodds announce review into future of agri-food sector 23 April 2021
- Dodds announces payments to be extended under two business support schemes 23 April 2021
- Dodds announces 20 high quality training places for the north west with Alchemy Technology Services 21 April 2021