The Department for the Economy has published the final response to the 2023/24 budget consultation.
The response follows assessment of responses received during the consultation period between 7 June 2023 and 30 August 2023.
DfE has carried out extensive work to consider options to ensure the Department lives within its 2023-24 Budget allocation, as it is legally obliged to do, and to enable reallocation of funds to areas identified as having received greater Section 75 impacts from the proposed original budget.
Through close budget management, a pause on filling departmental vacancies and the close scrutiny of demand-led programmes, the Department has been able to reallocate its budget internally to provide an element of mitigation. DfE has also been proactive in securing other sources of funding to support the delivery of new programmes in support of our vision for a 10x Economy.
The final assessment report is available on the DfE website.
Notes to editors:
1. The Department published a public consultation on the equality implications of the budget for 2023/24 on 7 June 2023. An initial assessment report, including mitigations, was published on 25 July 2023, based on responses received by 5 July 2023, following which the Department finalised its budget allocations. The consultation remained open until 30 August and this final response takes account of all responses received during the full consultation period.
2. In total there were 33 responses received:
19 responses (12 organisations and seven individuals) received in the initial period (7 June to 5 July 2023). This formed the basis of the initial assessment report published on 25 July 2023.
A further 14 responses (11 organisations and three individuals) were received in the final period (6 July to 30 August 2023).
3. To keep up to date with news from the Department for the Economy you can follow us on the following social media channels:
4. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Murphy welcomes growth in tourism from the south 29 February 2024
- Work Quality in Northern Ireland Statistics 27 February 2024
- Northern Ireland Labour Force Survey – Young People Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) 22 February 2024
- County Down director agrees to disqualification 21 February 2024