Economy Minister Simon Hamilton MLA has announced an expansion at See.Sense, Newtownards, that will help boost the company’s sales and triple its workforce by 2018.
The award-winning cycling software and technology company is expanding its engineering and marketing teams, creating 14 jobs over the next three years. This recruitment programme forms part of development plans designed to build brand awareness and See.Sense’s customer base in export markets.
Invest Northern Ireland has offered See.Sense £99,000 to support the creation of the 14 new skilled roles and the company’s marketing activities.
Welcoming the investment the Minister said: “See.Sense has achieved remarkable success in its first three years of business, growing steadily to supply its products to more than 50 countries around the world. Invest NI’s close working relationship with See.Sense during the last three years has paid dividends, with the business benefiting from a range of assistance including mentoring, design and trade development.
“This employment and marketing support towards its ambitious expansion plans will enable See.Sense to quickly recruit the key roles needed to help drive new sales and accelerate its business development activities.
“With an average salary of £29,000 these new jobs in Newtownards will generate additional annual salaries of £407,000 and offer valuable employment opportunities across a range of disciplines.”
Commenting on its expansion plans, See.Sense CEO Philip McAleese said: “We have nearly doubled our revenues year on year and set a target to achieve £4million in sales by 2018. Urban commuter cyclists are one of the fastest growing segments within the cycling market and Invest NI’s support with implementing our growth strategy will help us boost our profile and achieve our sales targets.
“Expanding our engineering and marketing teams will give us additional resources to bring products to market sooner and maximise new sales opportunities. This investment marks an exciting new chapter in the development of the business as we look to leverage smart city data and in-house analytics to grow our business base.”
To date, the company has implemented two successful Kickstarter campaigns and completed a major equity funding round through Crowdcube to support its business growth.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries contact DFE Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- There are photos to accompany this press release.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- Competition to appoint new Board Members for the Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland 24 November 2020
- Fermanagh business set to create 88 new jobs in over £5m investment 23 November 2020
- Dodds announces 20 high quality training places with FinTrU in the north west 23 November 2020
- Dodds welcomes £213 million support package for businesses 23 November 2020