The Department for the Economy has announced the appointment of four new governing body members to Stranmillis University College.
Majella Corrigan, Professor David Jones, Heather Miller, and Peter Weil have been appointed. The appointments commenced on 1 September 2019 and are for a four year period.
The appointments were made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland. More information is available at The Commissioner for Public Appointments Northern Ireland website.
Notes to editors:
- Stranmillis University College was founded in 1922 by the then recently established Ministry of Education for Northern Ireland to provide state-funded teacher training alongside that already available at the existing St Mary’s College. Both institutions have become academically recognised as university colleges of Queen’s University Belfast. Stranmillis offers teacher training for the primary and secondary school sectors as well as professional development courses, a BA in Early Childhood Studies and a BSc in Health, Physical Activity and Sport.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees (if any declared) to be published. None of the appointees has carried out any political activity in the past five years.
- Pen pictures are available on the Stranmillis University College - pen pictures page.
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on 028 9052 9604 or email email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_ni
- Competition to appoint new Board Members for the Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland 24 November 2020
- Fermanagh business set to create 88 new jobs in over £5m investment 23 November 2020
- Dodds announces 20 high quality training places with FinTrU in the north west 23 November 2020
- Dodds welcomes £213 million support package for businesses 23 November 2020