The Department for the Economy has announced the appointment of four new governing body members to Stranmillis University College.
Majella Corrigan, Professor David Jones, Heather Miller, and Peter Weil have been appointed. The appointments commenced on 1 September 2019 and are for a four year period.
The appointments were made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland. More information is available at The Commissioner for Public Appointments Northern Ireland website.
Notes to editors:
- Stranmillis University College was founded in 1922 by the then recently established Ministry of Education for Northern Ireland to provide state-funded teacher training alongside that already available at the existing St Mary’s College. Both institutions have become academically recognised as university colleges of Queen’s University Belfast. Stranmillis offers teacher training for the primary and secondary school sectors as well as professional development courses, a BA in Early Childhood Studies and a BSc in Health, Physical Activity and Sport.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees (if any declared) to be published. None of the appointees has carried out any political activity in the past five years.
- Pen pictures are available on the Stranmillis University College - pen pictures page.
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on 028 9052 9604 or email email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_ni
- Economic output statistics 17 September 2020
- Minister announces £1million investment by County Down manufacturer Priory Press Packaging 16 September 2020
- Labour Market Statistics 15 September 2020
- Northern Ireland can be a global leader in hydrogen energy – Dodds 15 September 2020