The Department for the Economy has announced 20 high quality training places on the latest Financial Services Accelerate Academy with FinTrU.
Funded by the Department, successful applicants will take part in a four-week development programme delivered in partnership with Ulster University and North West Regional College leading to a potential offer of employment with FinTrU in their North West or Belfast offices.
Participants who complete the course are guaranteed an interview for a role with FinTrU.
Encouraging eligible individuals to apply Graeme Wilkinson, Director of Skills Strategy at the Department for the Economy said:
“I am pleased to announce another Assured Skills Academy with FinTrU. These are exciting opportunities for people with a degree in any discipline, or relevant experience, to learn the skills they need to start a rewarding career in financial services.
“As we move into a decade of economic transformation around the Department’s 10X Economic Vision, strengthening our local skills base and investing in skills is essential to grow our economy. Assured Skills Academies have a strong track record of delivering high quality training whilst also providing businesses with the skills and talent they need to grow. Participants will receive practical, real-world training and be well placed to compete for a job with FinTrU after the academy.
“With a weekly training allowance of £160 also provided, this is an excellent opportunity and I urge anyone who is interested and eligible to apply.”
John Maguire, Talent Partner at FinTrU said:
“It’s a hugely exciting time at FinTrU as we continue to expand globally. Our Financial Services Accelerate Academy is the perfect opportunity for experienced professionals from a financial background to join us as we continue on our exciting journey. Last year, we were recognised by the Financial Times for the second year in a row as one of the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re delighted that we can provide further opportunities in Northern Ireland.”
Applicants must hold at least a 2.2 in any degree discipline before commencement of training or have a minimum 18 months’ experience working in a banking or regulated financial services environment. Applicants must also have a right to work and to undertake Assured Skills training in the UK and not be disqualified from either, by reason of their immigration status. Proof of this will be required.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to join the FinTrU team in either their North West or Belfast office and work alongside some of the world’s largest Investment Banks to find solutions to help them meet with their regulations in areas such as; Legal, Risk, Compliance, KYC (Know you Customer), Operations and Consultancy.
Applications for the FinTrU Assured Skills Academy are open until 19 March 2023 with interviews being held on a rolling basis through to 5 April.
More information and details of how to apply are available on the nidirect website.
Notes to editors:
1. Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information is available on the Department’s website.
2. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
Twitter – @Economy_NI
LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
3. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com
4. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Temporary governing body chair appointed at Belfast Metropolitan College 21 September 2023
- Economic Output Statistics 14 September 2023
- Labour market statistics 12 September 2023
- Co. Down director agrees to disqualification 11 September 2023