The Department for the Economy today announced a new part-time Professional Services Assured Skills Academy with PwC offering 20 high quality training places.
Funded by the Department, this Professional Services Academy will be delivered on a part-time basis through a 12-week blended learning course. Training will be a combination of onsite and online learning delivered by Belfast Metropolitan College (BMC) under the Assured Skills programme.
Working across a range of service offerings including financial crime, compliance testing, customer management, PMO Services and business operations, the Academy is open to people with at least a Level 5 qualification (Higher National Diploma (HND) or Foundation Degree).
Commenting on the Academy, Graeme Wilkinson, Director of Skills at the Department for the Economy, said:
“I very much welcome the opportunity to highlight another Assured Skills Academy with PwC. This part-time Academy is an excellent opportunity for people seeking to start or change career in the professional services sector. The Department for the Economy is committed to building the local skills base as a key part of the economic recovery and Assured Skills Academies have a proven track record of success in this area.
“Successful applicants to the Academy will receive an allowance of £64 per week plus travel expenses and will be strongly positioned to compete for a job upon completion. I urge anyone who is eligible and interested to apply for this excellent opportunity.”
Deborah Stevenson, Operate Director at PwC, said:
“We are incredibly proud to support the new part-time addition to our Professional Services Assured Skills curriculum. This 12-week blended learning programme will give many talented individuals the foundations for a successful career in Professional Services, while providing them with a more flexible opportunity to access the Academy.
“The Assured Skills Academies are a vital contribution to the local economy, supporting talented individuals by giving them a clear pathway into the professional services sector. We’re committed to widening participation and are delighted to be able to offer a part-time option. We are really looking forward to meeting our future successful candidates.”
Louise Warde Hunter, Principal and Chief Executive of Belfast Met, said:
“Belfast Met is a skills engine for the NI economy and we are delighted to be the delivery partner for this new part-time PwC Professional Services Assured Skills Academy. Having delivered almost 150 Assured Skills Academies since their inception, Belfast Met has a proven track record of providing top quality, industry-relevant training with the vast majority of people securing jobs as a result. This training will provide vital jobs in an important growth sector for our economy and we look forward to continuing and supporting its success.”
Course content will cover areas such as project management, business analysis, commercial awareness, Microsoft and Google tools, data visualisation and design thinking.
Training will take place between Monday 24 July and Saturday 14 October 2023. Online delivery will take place on Monday and Wednesday between 6.00 pm and 9.30 pm. Participants will be expected to attend training on campus on Saturdays between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm and will require appropriate IT equipment in order to access the online tuition.
Successful Academy participants will be guaranteed an interview with PwC on completion of the training.
Applications for the PwC Professional Services Academy are open now and will close at 12 noon on 16 June 2023.
Further information and details on how to apply can be found on the nidirect website.
The selection process will entail a video interview which will be held, 4, 5 and 6 July 2023.
Notes to editors:
1. Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. For more information visit the DfE website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at: email@example.com
3. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @DeptEconomyNI
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
4. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Co. Tyrone Directors disqualified 26 May 2023
- Northern Ireland Labour Force Survey – Young People Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) Statistics 25 May 2023
- 20 high quality training places in new part-time Assured Skills Academy with PwC 24 May 2023
- Extension to the term of Northern Ireland Screen board member 24 May 2023