A number of changes are required to the arrangements governing Renewable Electricity Guarantees of Origin (REGOs) by 5 December 2010.
These changes are required under Article 15 of the Renewable Energy Directive (RED).
The changes include:
- changes to the definitions of “energy from renewable sources” and “biomass”
- a change to the unit of measurement of a REGO from kilowatt hour to megawatt hour
- an expiry date for a REGO of 12 months from first production of the electricity for which it is issued
- a requirement for REGOs to be cancelled once used
- various changes to information to be included in the REGO