The key points are:
At 22 October 2021:
- There were 1,163,915 verified applications for the NI High Street Scheme, of which 1,151,073 (99 per cent) were made online and 12,842 (1 per cent) were made by telephone.
- Of the 1,163,915 verified applications, 613,097 (53 per cent) were from females and 550,818 (47 per cent) were from males.
- Of the 1,163,915 verified applications, 1,006,800 (87 per cent) were from persons without a disability and 157,115 (13 per cent) were from persons with a disability.
- Of the 1,163,915 verified applications, 297,648 (26 per cent) were from those aged 18-34, 295,000 (25 per cent) were from those aged 35-49, 307,313 (26 per cent) were from those aged 50-64 and 263,954 (23 per cent) were from those aged 65 and over.
- The number of verified applications with a valid postcode1 ranged from 195,462 (17 per cent) in Belfast Local Government District to 69,599 (6 per cent) in Fermanagh and Omagh Local Government District.
1Note sums to 1,162,772 (1,143 applicants have been removed due to not having a postcode which matches a postcode in the postcode directory)