At close of applications:
- there was a 95 per cent take-up rate of verified applications for the NI High Street Scheme compared to the NI population aged 18 and over.
- 96 per cent of females and 94 per cent of males had applied and been verified for the Spend Local card.
- 86 per cent of verified applications for the Spend Local card were from persons without a disability and 14 per cent were from persons with a disability. This compares to an estimate of 28 per cent for the prevalence of disability in the population1.
- 95 per cent of those aged 18-34 had applied and been verified for the Spend Local card compared to 96 per cent of those aged 35-49, 96 per cent of those aged 50-64 and 93 per cent of those aged 65 and over.
- the take–up rate of verified applicants with a valid postcode2 for the NI High Street Scheme was highest (99 per cent) in Derry City & Strabane Local Government District and lowest (91 per cent) in Belfast Local Government District.
1 Data on limiting long-term illness for those aged 16+ from the Continuous Household Survey 2019/2020.
2 Note 2,518 applicants have been removed due to not having a postcode which matches a postcode in the postcode directory.