The Department for Economy is hosting a series of stakeholder events to seek views regarding barriers to participation and progression in education. Among other things, the events will look at barriers faced by young people, those with disabilities, adult learners, barriers to higher education and barriers caused by social exclusion.
The Department has produced a draft “Barriers to Participation and Progression in Education” report (available on request) and would like to invite you to discuss your views on the paper. This is an opportunity for you to input ideas into an important piece of research work.
We will be seeking views on:
- Gaps in evidence – areas that warrant further research;
- Current project work you may want to combine with the research. If you would like us to review this before the event please email address the address below;
- Ideas for further research.
Please note: On the day of the event we will be using an interactive method to gather anonymous feedback and would be grateful, if you are able to, if you could bring a smartphone or Ipad to the event. Wifi will be available and passwords will be provided.
Dates and locations
Event dates are as follows:
|23 March 2018||Canal Court Hotel, Newry||9:30 am to 1:00 pm|
|28 March 2018||City Hotel, Derry City||9:30 am to 1:00 pm|
All events start at 9:30 am (9.00am tea/coffee) and will finish with lunch at 1:00 pm.
How to register
If you are interested in attending please email firstname.lastname@example.org advising of your chosen venue and date you would like to attend.
- Know your rights and take care when buying online, warns Trading Standards Service 11 December 2019
- Essential Skills Statistical Bulletin Published 05 December 2019
- Electricity Consumption and Renewable Generation in Northern Ireland: Year Ending September 2019 05 December 2019
- Belfast car trader fined for selling clocked car 03 December 2019