Economy Minister Diane Dodds has announced the reappointment of six members and extensions to the term of three members to the Board of the Labour Relations Agency (LRA).
Ms Marie Mallon was reappointed to serve as Chair and Ms Jill Minne, Mr Daire Murphy, Ms Deirdre Fitzpatrick, Ms Louise Crilly and Ms Michelle McGinley as members of the Board of the Labour Relations Agency.
All of the reappointments took effect from 1st April 2020 and are for a period of three years, with the exception of Ms Mallon who was reappointed for a period of one year.
Mr Gary McMichael, Ms Alison Millar and Mr Albert Mills had their terms extended to 30 April 2021.
These reappointments are made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland. More information is available on the CPANI website.
Notes to editors:
2. The LRA is a non-departmental public body, sponsored by the Department for the Economy, offering impartial advice to both employees and employers. It has responsibility for promoting the improvement of employment relations in Northern Ireland. It provides impartial and independent services for promoting good employment practices and preventing and resolving disputes. The LRA has its origin in the Industrial Relations (Northern Ireland) Order 1976. Its objectives are determined by a board consisting of a Chair and nine member.
3. LRA appointments are regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments (CPANI).
4. Board member remuneration is currently £5,424 per annum with a time commitment of 10 meetings per year.
5. Follow us on Twitter
6. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
7. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Air connectivity vital for economic recovery: Dodds 06 May 2021
- Economy Minister welcomes 61 business projects sharing £3.3million in innovation funding 06 May 2021
- Dodds opens new £15million Banbridge campus for Southern Regional College 05 May 2021
- Minister Dodds opens scheme to help businesses accelerate benefits of digital technology 05 May 2021