Department for the Economy Minister, Diane Dodds, has announced the re-appointment of two Governing Body members to St Mary’s University College.
The re-appointments of Professor James Uhomoibhi and Mrs Leeann Vincent commenced on 8 February 2020 and are for a five year period.
Commenting on the re-appointments, the Minister said:
“I would like to thank the members for agreeing to remain on the Governing Body for a second term and for their hard work in taking forward the work of St Mary’s University College. I am confident their skills and experience will continue to significantly contribute to the work of the College during the period of their re-appointments.
“I also want to take this opportunity to acknowledge the contribution and commitment of the current Chairman, The Most Rev Noel Treanor DD, and the other Governing Body members."
The re-appointments were made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
1. St Mary’s University College is a co-educational autonomous institution of higher education in the Catholic tradition situated in Belfast. St Marys has since become academically recognised as a University College of the Queen’s University of Belfast. The University has overarching responsibility for academic quality and standards and validates the courses offered by both institutions. Its aims, objectives and targets are set out in the Colleges of Education (Northern Ireland) Order 2005, and its own Instrument of Government. Governing Body posts attract no remuneration but members can receive reasonable travel and subsistence payments for attending meetings.
2. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees (if any declared) to be published. Neither of the appointees has carried out any political activity in the past five years.
3. Pen pictures are available at Re-appointment of Governing Body members of St Mary's College - pen pictures
4. Follow us on Twitter
5. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Dodds announces another 20 high quality training places on PwC Assured Skills Academy 26 October 2020
- 2019 tourism statistics show NI has strong offering for visitors – Dodds 26 October 2020
- Minister welcomes signing of the UK-Japan Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement 23 October 2020
- Economy Minister Diane Dodds urges businesses to take up the support offered to help them prepare for EU Exit 23 October 2020