The winners of this year’s Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Awards 2020 have been revealed at a special ceremony in Belfast today.
Economy Minister Diane Dodds and rugby star Tommy Bowe presented winners with their awards. The ceremony is one of the highlights of the Department’s Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Week, designed to showcase the range of opportunities available through apprenticeships to both potential applicants and employers.
The 2020 winners are:
- SME Innovation Award
Specialist Joinery Group, in partnership with Strabane Training Services
- Apprentice Award
Craig Holmes, employed by A S Watson Group – Savers and training at Babcock Training Ltd
- Large Employer Innovation Award
Citi in partnership with Belfast Met
- Higher Level Apprentice Award – Joint winners
Colleen O’Boyle, employed by Mallaghan Engineering Ltd and training with South West College; and
Will Bradley, employed by BT and training with Belfast Met
Speaking at the awards ceremony, Economy Minister Diane Dodds said:
“I want to commend all those who were shortlisted for this year’s awards and congratulate the 2020 winners.
“There are over 8,300 apprentices, including higher level apprentices, currently on apprenticeship programmes funded by the Department for the Economy, so to be nominated for these awards is testament to your hard work and dedication.
“I would also like to acknowledge the work being done by the employers and training providers. Without your commitment and enthusiasm we wouldn’t be able to run these programmes. Apprenticeship programmes help us equip people with the skills and qualifications needed to support economic growth and develop our economy.”
Notes to editors:
- Pictured at #NIAW2020 NI Apprenticeship Awards in Belfast are event compere Sarah Travers, rugby star Tommy Bowe and Economy Minister Diane Dodds. Pictures featuring the award winners are available on request.
- For more information on the Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Awards 2020 application criteria please visit Apprenticeship Awards 2020
- For information on apprenticeships and events happening during Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Week visit nidirect.
- Follow us on Twitter @economy_ni
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on 028 9052 9604 or email email@example.com . Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Lyons announces new Deloitte Cloud Engineering Assured Skills Academy 02 August 2021
- Net zero carbon and affordable energy key to Energy Strategy 2050 – Lyons 02 August 2021
- Northern Ireland Annual Business Inquiry Local Unit Statistics for Non-Financial Businesses 2019 30 July 2021
- Economy Minister awards contract for delivery of High Street Scheme 29 July 2021