Lisburn manufacturing company Decora Blind Systems Ltd is offering unemployed people (18 yrs+) job opportunities following completion of an intensive three-week Bridge to Employment training programme.
In association with the Department for the Economy, the company has developed a training programme designed to provide trainees with a sound understanding of the tasks involved in working for the company, which include working to targets and all aspects of window blind building and assembly. The training will be based at the Decora premises at Knockmore Hill Industrial Park, Lisburn.
The selection process for a training place will include an information day, aptitude test, colour blindness test and an interview. Following successful completion of the training programme, individuals will be guaranteed a job interview for Production Operatives with Decora Blind Systems Ltd.
Launching this Bridge to Employment opportunity, Ann Williamson, Head of Employer Skills at DfE, said: “The Department’s Bridge to Employment programme is an excellent opportunity for those who are unemployed to undertake training and gain meaningful employment in a range of jobs which contribute to the growth of the local economy. This pre-employment training opportunity with Decora Blind Systems Ltd will help to equip participants with the skills needed to compete for a job with the company."
Gillian Corstorphine, Head of Human Resources at Decora, stated: “Decora are committed to providing permanent employment opportunities through continual investment in products and people. This is an excellent opportunity to build and develop your career in a successful, local manufacturing Company.”
Further information on this Bridge to Employment opportunity and how to apply can be found on the Production Operative training programme page.
The opportunity opens on Thursday 6 June and completed application forms must be returned to any Jobs & Benefits office to arrive no later than 4.00pm on Wednesday 19 June 2019.
Notes to editors:
- Bridge to Employment is a pre-employment training programme that helps companies recruit unemployed people whatever their experience of work.
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Outside office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- Looking for advice after exams? The Northern Ireland Careers Service is here to help you 15 August 2019
- Extensions to Further Education college governing body public appointments 15 August 2019
- Labour Market Statistics 13 August 2019
- Bangor restaurateurs banned for under-declaring sales and failing to account for cash 13 August 2019