The Department for the Economy is seeking to appoint a new Chair to the Board of Northern Ireland Screen (NI Screen).
NI Screen is the lead agency for the screen industries in Northern Ireland. Its role is to maximise the economic, cultural and educational value of the screen industries for the benefit of Northern Ireland.
Commenting on the appointment opportunity Economy Minister Diane Dodds said:
“This is a key role in our vibrant film and television industry and is a great opportunity to help shape the future direction of the cultural, economic and educational impact of the screen sector in Northern Ireland. I would encourage anyone with an interest and the appropriate skills to apply for this exciting and challenging position.”
The Department wishes to appeal to people of all ages from a wide range of backgrounds and experience and would particularly welcome applications from people with a disability and, those from ethnic minority communities as they are currently under-represented on the Board. Applicants with a disability who meet or exceed the pass-mark set for the criteria will be offered an interview. Their application will not be subjected to short-listing.
No academic qualifications are required for the post. Individuals who have the essential skills of leadership, governance in an organisation, thinking strategically and working in partnership are encouraged to apply. Some experience of the screen industries is required.
The new Chair will be appointed with effect from 1 July 2021. The term of appointment will be for five years.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 7 May 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
Further information and application packs can be obtained on the Department’s website.
Notes to editors:
- Northern Ireland Screen (NI Screen), is a Non-Departmental Public Body (NDPB) of the Department for the Economy and is funded under The Northern Ireland Screen Commission (Funding) Order (Northern Ireland) 2020.
- NI Screen’s role is to maximise the economic, cultural and educational value of the screen industries for the benefit of Northern Ireland. Its mission is to accelerate the development of a dynamic and sustainable screen industry and culture in Northern Ireland.
- Current membership stands at 16 (Chair, Vice- Chair and 14 members).
- The Department for the Economy is running the competition in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- For media enquiries please contact the DfE Press Office via email at email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.