The Department for the Economy’s (DfE) Assured Skills Academy is offering 18 pre-employment training places at South Eastern Regional College’s (SERC) Lisburn campus.
SERC has joined forces with two companies, Selective Travel Management and Jurys Inn Hotels, to offer pre-employment training in Northern Ireland’s growing tourism sector.
Successfully completing the training will result in a guaranteed interview for employment with Selective Travel Management and/or Jurys Inn Hotels.
While no experience is required, applicants must have either an HND, Foundation Degree or equivalent level 5 qualification in any discipline.
Launching the Corporate Travel Assured Skills Academy, Graeme Wilkinson, Director of Skills at DfE, said: “The tourism sector is hugely important to our local economy. This pre-employment Assured Skills Academy will provide participants with the skills needed to work in this growing sector. In addition, this Academy will not only help to improve the skills of our workforce and provide employment opportunities in the local community, it will support companies, in this sector, to secure the talent they need.”
Ken Webb, Principal and Chief Executive at South Eastern Regional College, said: “We are very pleased to work with the Department and local businesses to deliver this valuable opportunity to local people. This Academy offers an opportunity for people to gain the necessary skills for a career in the Tourism Sector. SERC has a long tradition of collaborating with local organisations to design and deliver bespoke training programmes across a range of skills.”
Selective Travel Management’s Managing Director, Keith Graham commented: “Our core strength lies in the calibre of our staff and our employee training investment. We are delighted to be in partnership with DfE, SERC and Jurys Inn Hotels offering a six-week Corporate Travel Academy.”
Suzanne Bowman, Sales Manager at Jurys Inn Hotels, said: “Jurys Inn Hotels are always on the lookout for new skilled individuals to join our dedicated team. We very much appreciate the support from the Department for the Economy and South Eastern Regional College in helping us to source such individuals. This Assured Skills Academy is an ideal way for someone to get involved in tourism and potentially set themselves up for a rewarding career.”
Participants will receive a weekly training allowance of £150 and will be reimbursed travel expenses. Where appropriate, they may also be eligible for child care assistance.
Applications for the SERC Corporate Travel Assured Skills Academy are open until 12.00 noon on Friday 16 August 2019.
Further information and how to apply can be found on the Skills to Succeed Assured Skills training programme page.
Notes to editors:
1. Caption for photograph: Pictured at the launch of the pre-employment Corporate Travel Assured Skills Academy are Keith Graham, Managing Director, Selective Travel Management, Graeme Wilkinson, Director of Skills Division, DfE, Emma Tate, Business Services Manager, SERC and Amy Clydesdale, Deputy General Manager, Jurys Inn.
3. Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information can be obtained on the Department's Assured Skills Programme page.
4. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on 028 9052 9604 or email email@example.com . Outside of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
5. Follow us on Twitter
- Know your rights and take care when buying online, warns Trading Standards Service 11 December 2019
- Essential Skills Statistical Bulletin Published 05 December 2019
- Electricity Consumption and Renewable Generation in Northern Ireland: Year Ending September 2019 05 December 2019
- Belfast car trader fined for selling clocked car 03 December 2019