Following today’s meeting with the Chancellor Nadhim Zahawi, the Economy Minister Gordon Lyons has welcomed the UK Government’s agreement to deliver the much needed £400 energy support scheme.
The Minister said:
“I have said for some time now that the quickest and simplest way to deliver a scheme of this scale is to do it on a UK wide basis. This ensures that this vital support reaches people’s pockets at the earliest available opportunity.
“Only today an additional announcement on energy price increases has been made, which further reinforced my view that time was not on our side to produce a bespoke local solution. Such a solution would have added complexity and potential delay, something that I would not be prepare to stand over.
“My Department will continue to work with the UK Government to secure further support measures to help all those impacted by energy costs and cost of living pressures.”
Notes to editors:
- To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com .
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Titanic Distillers invests £7.6m to develop historic distillery and create 41 jobs 29 September 2022
- Northern Ireland Composite Economic Index Quarter 2 2022 29 September 2022
- Lyons visits completed Ulster University campus 28 September 2022
- New programme to support SMEs to achieve their Ambition to Grow 27 September 2022