The Economy Minister, Diane Dodds, has announced the appointment of five new members to the Board of Invest NI.
Colin Coffey, Kieran Kennedy, Kevin Kingston, Marie-Therese McGivern and Michael McQuillan have been appointed by the Minister to serve on the Board for a three year period from 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2023.
Commenting on the appointments, the Minister said:
“Invest NI plays a crucial role in helping to transform Northern Ireland into a globally competitive economy working for everyone and I welcome these new appointments to the Board. The wealth of knowledge, skills and experience that I know they will bring will be invaluable as Invest NI continues to work to attract foreign investment and support our local businesses to create jobs, innovate and grow their exports. I would like to wish them every success in their work supporting the Invest NI Chair and Chief Executive, especially during this period of economic uncertainty due to coronavirus.”
The Department for the Economy made the appointments in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland Code of Practice.
Notes to editors:
- Invest Northern Ireland was established under the Industrial Development Act (Northern Ireland) 2002, and its role is to promote innovation, enterprise and competitiveness in Northern Ireland businesses, encourage new start-ups and market Northern Ireland as a location for inward investment. Board member remuneration is currently £12,517 per annum.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. The appointees have all declared no political activity.
- Pen Pictures are available on the Department’s website.
- Between them, the appointees bring a broad range of skills and knowledge to the role which include:- Business and economic development in Northern Ireland; thinking strategically; governance and risk management; finance; business transformation, customer value & productivity improvement; research & development; innovation and entrepreneurship; digital economy; International trade and business; skills development, apprenticeships and vocational training; and access to finance.
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter
- 2019 tourism statistics show NI has strong offering for visitors – Dodds 26 October 2020
- Dodds announces another 20 high quality training places on PwC Assured Skills Academy 26 October 2020
- Not too late to take action to secure and protect cross border data flows – Dodds 23 October 2020
- Minister welcomes signing of the UK-Japan Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement 23 October 2020