Economy Minister Gordon Lyons today launched the Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Awards 2022.
The Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Awards 2022 will recognise excellence in apprenticeships and culminate in an awards ceremony on Wednesday 9 February 2022 – one of the highlight events during Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Week 2022, which will run from 7 to 11 February 2022.
Launching the Awards, the Minister said:
“I am delighted to launch the Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Awards 2022. These awards have a track record of showcasing and celebrating the depth and quality of the talent of our local apprentices, their employers and training providers across a wide range of sectors.
“Developing the local skills base is a key priority for me and a cornerstone of the recovery. My Department’s 10X Economic Vision and associated Skills Strategy set out how we want to equip people with the skills they need for the constantly evolving jobs market and build on Northern Ireland’s successes on the global stage. Apprenticeships are integral to this vision.
“I encourage apprentices, employers and training providers who are working in the wide range of apprenticeships available across Northern Ireland to share with us their apprenticeship experiences by entering the NI Apprenticeship Awards competition. We look forward to celebrating the skills and talent of apprentices and the benefits they bring to employers and businesses.”
Dr Bryan Keating CBE, Chair of the Strategic Advisory Forum on Apprenticships and who participated in the awards judging panel last year, commented:
“I continue to be amazed at the quality and standard of apprentices nominated for the NI Apprenticeship Awards. We have a lot of incredibly talented apprentices in Northern Ireland who are supported by superb employers and training providers and it is important that we recognise their achievements.”
Applications are now open for the four award categories:
- Apprentice of the Year (Levels 2-3)
- Higher Level Apprentice of the Year (Level 4+)
- Large Employer Award (employers with more than 250 employees)
- Small and Medium Enterprises Award (employers with fewer than 250 employees).
The closing date for applications is noon on Friday 29 October 2021.
Full details on application criteria for each of the awards and how to apply are available at Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Awards 2022.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- County Antrim directors agree to disqualification 15 October 2021
- Labour market statistics 12 October 2021
- Lyons announces Assured Skills Academy in welding at South West College 11 October 2021
- Telephone service for High Street Scheme applications opens Monday 09 October 2021