Economy Minister Gordon Lyons today launched an Assured Skills Digital Enterprise Academy, in partnership with Deloitte, offering 30 high quality training places for people with degrees.
The Assured Skills Academy is the third in a series of Academies and will see participants receive eight weeks of industry-relevant training with South Eastern Regional College (SERC). Completing the Academy guarantees participants an interview for a role in Deloitte’s Enterprise Technology and Performance team.
Highlighting the opportunity, the Minister said:
“I am pleased to announce another Assured Skills Academy with Deloitte. This is an excellent opportunity for people with degrees seeking to start or change career in the Digital Enterprise services sector.
“Assured Skills Academies have a successful track record in providing people with high quality training while helping employers access the skilled people they need to grow.
“These training places, funded by my Department, will position participants strongly to compete for a job with Deloitte in this exciting sector and I would encourage everyone who is eligible to consider applying."
Jackie Henry, Office Senior Partner at Deloitte in Northern Ireland and Managing Partner for People and Purpose at Deloitte UK, said:
“To grow our economy and remain internationally competitive, Northern Ireland must continue to invest in enhancing digital skills to ensure that workers can make the most of new technologies and the benefits they bring to productivity and innovation.
“Our Deloitte Digital Enterprise Academy offers exciting opportunities for graduates to develop new skills in areas such as technology design, data analytics and digital business management. The programme offers a wide variety of creative and technical challenges and will provide a fantastic opportunity for graduates to benefit from training to develop skills that businesses across Northern Ireland are calling out for.”
Ken Webb, Principal of SERC, said:
“This new partnership between South Eastern Regional College and Deloitte represents a great opportunity for graduates of any discipline to develop relevant skills in the key area of digital enterprise. The digital sector will play an important role in the economic growth of Northern Ireland and this training, through the Assured Skills Academy, will provide not only a sound foundation for a future career but also a guaranteed interview for employment with Deloitte.”
Due to the pandemic, training may be a hybrid of onsite and online learning through a virtual classroom provided by SERC.
Applications for the Deloitte Digital Enterprise Assured Skills Academy are open now and close on Sunday 5 September 2021.
Applicants must hold a minimum 2:2 degree in any discipline.
Applications are still open for the Deloitte Cloud Engineering Assured Skills Academy and the Deloitte Digital Assured Skills Academy. The deadline for applications for these Academies are:
- Deloitte Cloud Engineering Assured Skills Academy - midnight Sunday 22 August 2021.
- Deloitte Digital Assured Skills Academy - midnight on Sunday 29 August 2021.
For more information on any of these Academies and to apply visit the Assured Skills Academies page.
Notes to editors:
- Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information is available at the Assured Skills Programme page on the Department's website.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com .
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- County Antrim directors agree to disqualification 15 October 2021
- Labour market statistics 12 October 2021
- Lyons announces Assured Skills Academy in welding at South West College 11 October 2021
- Telephone service for High Street Scheme applications opens Monday 09 October 2021