Economy Minister Gordon Lyons today launched an Assured Skills Academy in Cloud Engineering with Deloitte, offering 20 high quality training places for people with degrees.
The Assured Skills Academy will see participants receive eight weeks of industry-relevant training with South Eastern Regional College (SERC). Completing the Academy guarantees participants an interview for a role in the Cloud Engineering Team at Deloitte.
Highlighting the opportunity, the Minister said:
“I am pleased to announce 20 training places on this Cloud Engineering Assured Skills Academy with Deloitte and SERC.
“This Academy is an excellent opportunity for people with a degree to reskill for a career in business consultancy and potentially gain employment with leading multinational Deloitte.
“No experience is necessary – I urge anyone who is interested and eligible to apply.”
Jackie Henry, Managing Partner People and Purpose Deloitte UK, said:
“To grow our economy and remain competitive globally, Northern Ireland needs to continue to invest in enhancing skills in a number of key areas, particularly those linked to the digital and technology sector.
“Cloud engineering is one of the fast-growing digital sectors where there is high demand for talent and we at Deloitte are proud to be playing our part in developing skills in this area through the Assured Skills Academy. It is a great opportunity for those who obtain a place.”
Ken Webb, Principal of SERC, said:
“South Eastern Regional College is delighted to be partnering with Deloitte to train students through the Assured Skills Academy in Cloud Engineering. The training they will receive, and the skills they will develop, will provide an excellent foundation for a career in this relevant and growing industry. The digital sector will play an important role in the economic growth of Northern Ireland and I would urge anyone, even if they have not considered such a career, to explore the Assured Skills Academy and the opportunities it can deliver.”
Due to the pandemic, training may be a hybrid of onsite and online learning through a virtual classroom provided by SERC.
Applications for the Deloitte Cloud Engineering Assured Skills Academy are open now and close at noon Sunday 22 August 2021.
Applicants must hold a minimum 2:2 degree in any discipline.
More information and details on how to apply can be obtained on the Assured Skills Academies page of the nidirect website.
Notes to editors:
- Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information is available on the Department for the Economy website.
- Follow us on Twitter
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Lyons announces appointments to board of Construction Industry Training Board Northern Ireland 05 August 2022
- Belfast Distillery Company invests £22m in new J&J McConnell’s Distillery and Visitor Centre 04 August 2022
- Lyons backs NI universities’ pledge to end use of Non-Disclosure Agreements 01 August 2022
- Economy Minister Gordon Lyons has welcomed the InvestNI 2021/22 End of Year performance results 01 August 2022