Economy Minister Gordon Lyons today announced 20 high quality training places on an Applied Intelligence (AI) Assured Skills Academy with KPMG and Belfast Met.
Funded by the Department for the Economy, the Assured Skills Academy will see successful applicants receive training for roles as a Data Scientist or Data Engineer in KPMG’s Centre of Excellence following nine weeks of training delivered by Belfast Met.
Highlighting the opportunity, the Minister said:
“I am very pleased to announce this Assured Skills Academy with KPMG, focussing on the cutting edge area of Applied Intelligence.
“This is the fifth Assured Skills Academy with KPMG, following the announcement in February 2020 that the company is creating 200 new jobs, with the potential to fill 160 of those through Assured Skills Academies.
“With no experience needed, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a multinational company with an expanding presence in Northern Ireland and I urge anyone who is interested and eligible to apply.”
Open to applications from people with at least a 2:2 degree in any discipline, or a level 5 qualification in an ICT subject the Assured Skills Academy will see participants receive industry-relevant pre-employment training with Belfast Met from 4 April until 3 June 2022.
Participants who successfully complete the Academy will be guaranteed an interview for a Consulting Analyst position at KPMG’s Belfast Centre of Excellence.
Johnny Hanna, Partner in Charge of KPMG in Northern Ireland, said:
“Our Digital Centre of Excellence in Belfast is growing at a rapid pace and we need top talent to deliver digital solutions for our clients. We are delighted to offer graduates from any discipline the opportunity to develop a professional career in applied intelligence. If you are driven by data, are keen to build new skills and enjoy problem solving for clients, this could be the opportunity for you.”
The Applied Intelligence (AI) Assured Skills Academy will be delivered at Belfast Met. During the Academy participants can expect to become proficient in areas such as Intermediate Excel for AI and Data, PL-900, DP-900, AI-900, Python in the context of AI, Advanced Python, Capstone Project-Application of Learning and DP-100.
Louise Warde Hunter, Principal and Chief Executive of Belfast Met, confirmed:
“Belfast Met is committed to working with industry partners and learners and leading in the development and delivery of bespoke programmes that support the growth of digital consulting in our region.
“This Academy follows on the success of previous AI Academies that have provided participants with industry relevant skills as well as life-changing employment and career success. We look forward to welcoming and supporting our new cohort of learners who will have the opportunity to pursue an exciting career with KPMG.”
Participants will also receive £155 per week training allowance.
Applications for the KPMG Applied Intelligence Assured Skills Academy are open now and close at noon on Friday 25 February.
More information and details on how to apply can be found on the nidirect website.
Notes to editors:
1. Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information is available at Assured Skills Programme.
2. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com.
3. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @EconomyNI
- Skills to Succeed Facebook
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
4. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Lyons encourages businesses to apply for Queen’s Awards for Enterprise 18 May 2022
- Labour market statistics 17 May 2022
- Lyons announces the third Assured Skills Academy with ASOS in Belfast 17 May 2022
- Lyons welcomes 20 high quality training places on PwC Professional Services Assured Skills Academy 16 May 2022