Economy Minister Simon Hamilton MLA today launched the fifth FinTrU Financial Services Academy.
Twenty graduates will undertake an intensive four week training programme delivered by Belfast Met and Ulster University. The training will have a strong focus on investment opportunities and financial compliance. On completion of the course the graduates will be interviewed for a position with FinTrU.
The Minister said: “It is companies like FinTrU that are leading the change in Northern Ireland’s recovery. Creating jobs at home, expanding whilst creating an excitement about the innovation coming out of Northern Ireland. The available skills and talent of our young people, the supportive business environment and the proposition that we in Government provide, makes Northern Ireland the ideal location for new Foreign Direct Investment growing companies.”
The Minister continued: “FinTrU is a first class example, which demonstrates what can happen when a company like FinTrU works in partnership with Government and academia to deliver opportunities for our graduates. Through the Assured Skills programme FinTrU have employed 78 out of a total of 80 graduates, which represents a 97.5% success rate for the Assured Skills programme.”
Stephen Shaw, Site Head at FinTru’s Belfast office said: “I am delighted with the success of our financial services academies to date and their contribution to the continued growth and development of FinTrU. We now have over 100 professionals employed at our Belfast offices with further plans to grow the business going into 2017 and beyond. Our ability to scale up operations at such a fast pace is testament to the depth and quality of talent available in the local market and the excellent partnership we have with the Department for the Economy Assured Skills team.”
Applications to the FinTrU Financial Services Academy opened today Monday 28 November 2016 and will close on Tuesday 13 December 2016 at 12.00 noon. The training programme for successful applicants will commence on the 3 January 2017.
Applicants should apply online at FinTrU.
Notes to editors:
- The Assured Skills programme is a joint programme between the Department for the Economy and Invest Northern Ireland. The programme is designed to guarantee existing companies wishing to expand and potential new inward investors looking to locate their business in Northern Ireland that their skills needs can be provided for
- FinTrU provides outsourced knowledge services, such as compliance, risk and regulatory reporting and legal services to investment banks and large financial institutions. FinTrU operate from both London and Belfast with Belfast being their delivery centre of excellence
- The starting salary for the FinTrU graduates is £18,000.
- For media enquiries contact DFE Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- Competition to appoint new Board Members for the Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland 24 November 2020
- Fermanagh business set to create 88 new jobs in over £5m investment 23 November 2020
- Dodds announces 20 high quality training places with FinTrU in the north west 23 November 2020
- Dodds welcomes £213 million support package for businesses 23 November 2020