Economy Minister Simon Hamilton has congratulated Holywood baker Andrew Smyth on reaching the finals of the Great British Bake Off.
25 year old Andrew, who is the son of former CBI Chair Nigel Smyth, is now one of three bakers competing for the Bake Off title.
Minister Hamilton said: “Andrew truly deserves his place in the final after coming through weeks of tough baking challenges. He has created many outstanding bakes and has brought his skills as an engineer to the kitchen to give him that competitive edge.
"I have no doubt the whole of Northern Ireland will be cheering him on in next week’s final. As we celebrate the Year of Food and Drink, it is tremendous to see amateur bakers like Andrew do so well in a much loved and popular TV programme as the Great British Bake Off this year.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries contact DFE Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- Invest NI Review Action Plan published 04 October 2023
- Reappointment of members to board of Stranmillis University College 04 October 2023
- Consultation launched on approach to 10X Technologies and Clusters 29 September 2023
- 20 high quality training places available on Business Operations Assured Skills Academy with EOS IT Solutions 29 September 2023