Graduates interested in developing a career in a fast-paced and dynamic industry are being offered the opportunity to join TP ICAP, a FTSE 250 company.
TP ICAP has over 5,000 staff across 73 locations in 31 countries and provides broking services, data and analytics and market intelligence to clients around the world.
The company which invested in Belfast in 2016 is seeking 20 graduates to join their Belfast office and play a pivotal role in the world’s financial, energy and commodities markets.
With backing from the Department for the Economy, the new six week pre-employment TP ICAP Financial Services Academy will be delivered by Belfast Met and Ulster University, will provide in-depth, practical training, support and mentoring on the industry, specifics of the roles, technical aspects and professional skills. Successful Academy participants will gain sought after industry recognised qualifications and potentially a final job interview to join the TP ICAP team.
Head of Employer Skills at the Department for the Economy, Ann Williamson said:
“One of the reasons TP ICAP chose to invest in Belfast was because of the highly educated and skilled workforce in Northern Ireland. The Assured Skills programme demonstrates how government can partner with academia and business to help graduates gain pre-employment skills training with the potential for employment in high quality jobs while at the same time providing companies with the skills they need to grow their business.
“Over 85% of graduates, who previously participated in such pre-employment skills training academies, have secured employment which helps to boost the local economy.”
Launching their first ever academy in Belfast, Rosie Gormley, Head of TP ICAP Belfast said:
“As part of our continued growth of our Belfast office, we are excited to launch our new Financial Services Academy in Belfast, supported by the Department for the Economy. This in-depth six week programme provides candidates with the core skills needed to take up exciting new roles in our back office operations function and specifically our Operational Services Group in Belfast.
“We have had a presence in Belfast since 2016 and to support our businesses globally we have recently moved into larger, brand new offices in City Quays 2, Belfast Harbour. This state-of-the art space, adjacent to the historical Titanic Quarter, allows us to grow our footprint in Belfast and bring great career opportunities to the local marketplace.”
Previous experience is not required with the academy open to graduates from any discipline. Graduates will be paid an allowance of £150 per week plus travel expenses while training.
Further information can be found on the nidirect website. Applications close on Friday 25 May.
Notes to editors:
- The Assured Skills programme is a joint programme between the Department for the Economy and Invest Northern Ireland, it helps local companies as well as businesses wanting to locate their business in Northern Ireland to secure the skills they require.
- Find out what the Assured Skills Academy is all about at by watching this video.
- For media enquiries contact DFE Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- NWRC offers new training opportunities in welding 18 January 2019
- Danske Bank launches further Assured Skills Academy in North West 10 January 2019
- Southern Regional College launches Assured Skills Welding Academy 09 January 2019
- Extensions to Department for the Economy public appointments 09 January 2019