Economy Minister Diane Dodds has announced an extension to the term of the Chair of the Board of the Labour Relations Agency (LRA).
Ms Marie Mallon has been granted an extension to serve as Chair of the Board of the Labour Relations Agency to 30 April 2021.
The Minister commented: “I am delighted that Marie has agreed to serve a further month in office to allow for new Chairperson to take up the role on 1 May. Marie will continue to bring significant experience to the role and, coupled with her understanding of employment issues, a keen awareness of the importance of good practice.”
This extension was made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland. More information is available on The Commissioner for Public Appointments Northern Ireland website.
Notes to editors:
- The LRA is a non-departmental public body, sponsored by the Department for the Economy, offering impartial advice to both employees and employers. It has responsibility for promoting the improvement of employment relations in Northern Ireland. It provides impartial and independent services for promoting good employment practices and preventing and resolving disputes. The LRA has its origin in the Industrial Relations (Northern Ireland) Order 1976. Its objectives are determined by a board consisting of a Chair and nine members.
- LRA appointments are regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments (CPANI).
- Chair remuneration is currently £25,234 per annum with a time commitment of six days per month.
- This appointment is made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees (if any declared) to be published. Marie has confirmed no political activity.
- Marie Mallon was appointed to the Chair of the Labour Relations Agency with effect from 1 August 2014 following her retirement from the post of Deputy Chief Executive/Director of HR in the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust. Prior to this Marie held many senior posts within Health and Social Care and was a member of the Industrial and Fair Employment Tribunals for 15 years. Marie also sat as an independent member on the Departmental Boards of DCAL and DFI. She is currently an associate of the Health and Social Care Leadership Centre and also undertakes independent HR consultancy. Marie is a member of the NI Public Sector Chairs’ Forum, a member of the NI Audit Office Advisory Group, and Chair of the Remuneration Committee.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Reopening close contact services is the next step towards better days: Dodds 23 April 2021
- Poots and Dodds announce review into future of agri-food sector 23 April 2021
- Dodds announces 20 high quality training places for the north west with Alchemy Technology Services 21 April 2021
- Northern Ireland is ready for the return of tourists: Dodds 21 April 2021