Banbridge company EOS IT Solutions is collaborating with Southern Regional College (SRC) to offer 20 high quality training places, with potential employment opportunities.
EOS IT Solutions provides specialist services in areas including audio-visual, logistics and IT. With support from the Department for the Economy, EOS and SRC are offering 20 people the opportunity to train as an AV Field Engineer in an Assured Skills Academy.
Participants will receive six weeks of pre-employment training at SRC’s Newry campus, with a guaranteed job interview upon successful completion.
Ann Williamson, Head of Employer Services at the Department for the Economy, said: “The Department’s Assured Skills Academies offer people the opportunity to gain valuable employment-ready skills with the potential to compete for a job at the end of it. Participants also receive a £150 weekly training allowance while on the course.
“A result of successful co-operation between the local business and Further and Higher Education sectors, Assured Skills Academies benefit local growing companies by giving them access to the skilled people they need to continue expanding. We are continuing to work with businesses, FE colleges and universities to deliver more Academies across a range of sectors and locations throughout Northern Ireland.”
Academy participants who complete the training and are successful at interview will join EOS IT Solutions and have the opportunity to work in fields including networking, logistics, broadcasting, audio-visual and more.
Daniel Strain, CEO of EOS IT Solutions, said: “We are very pleased to offer, with the support of the Department, 20 high quality training places with the potential for employment with EOS at the end of it.
“EOS IT Solutions is a growing company working with state-of-the-art technologies in a skilled and competitive field. This Assured Skills Academy at Southern Regional College will give participants the skills they need to hit the ground running with us and open up an exciting career path ahead.”
Brian Doran, CEO of Southern Regional College, adds: “Southern Regional College has a strong track record of working with businesses to improve their competitiveness. We are delighted to be involved in this Assured Skills Academy to train AV Field Engineers, and we look forward to welcoming the successful applicants onto their training.”
Applicants should have a foundation degree, HND or equivalent Level 5 qualification in any discipline, or a Level 3 qualification in IT, Electrical or Electronics.
Applications for the EOS IT Solutions Assured Skills Academy at Southern Regional College are open until 19 April. More information and details of how to apply are available at nidirect.
Notes to editors:
- Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information at the Assured Skills Programme page.
- More information on EOS IT Solutions is available on the EOS IT Solutions website.
- Follow us on Twitter @economy_ni .
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on 028 9052 9604 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Cap on recruitment of English-domiciled students unacceptable: Dodds 01 June 2020
- Economy Minister announces re-opening plan for hotels and other tourist accommodation 01 June 2020
- Minister's opening remarks for the daily briefing - 29 May 2020 29 May 2020
- Economy Minister outlines next steps to rebuild the economy 29 May 2020