The Department for the Economy has now added apprenticeships, including Higher Level Apprenticeships, onto its new on-line portal Connect to Success NI. To date, this website, for the advertisement and application of opportunities has supported school work experience.
Connect to Success NI is a free online resource enabling employers to advertise apprenticeships (including Higher Level Apprenticeships) as well as school work experience opportunities. It provides those seeking to launch or develop their careers the opportunity to search for these positions through a dedicated central source.
Permanent Secretary for the Department, Dr Andrew McCormick said: “Apprenticeships are vital in helping to train the skilled workers of the future ensuring the skills being developed are matched to future industry needs. For individual companies this means they are helping to fill any skills gaps as well as allowing businesses to source future managers and leaders from within. Connect to Success NI gives employers access to a wider range of potential applicants seeking opportunities helping them to find the right person for their vacancy. For applicants, it offers an opportunity to find an apprenticeship which will offer a salary and ‘off-the-job’ training, while achieving vocational qualifications. More information is available at NIBusiness Info website."
Lisa Taylor, Apprentice Recruitment Coordinator for Savers and Superdrug, one of the first employers to place an apprenticeship on the site added: “Superdrug and Savers are launching our apprenticeship programme in Northern Ireland and feel that ‘Connect to Success NI’ is a great way for us to reach our target market and engage with young people looking for a career in Retail. The support we have received from the Department for the Economy through the set-up process has been great and we look forward to a continued working relationship as this progresses.”
Notes to editors:
- For more information on applying for apprenticeships visit the nidirect website.
- For further information, please contact DfE Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours, please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- County Down director agrees to disqualification 07 May 2021
- Air connectivity vital for economic recovery: Dodds 06 May 2021
- Economy Minister welcomes 61 business projects sharing £3.3million in innovation funding 06 May 2021
- Dodds opens new £15million Banbridge campus for Southern Regional College 05 May 2021