Economy Minister Gordon Lyons has announced the appointment of a new member to the board of the Labour Relations Agency (LRA).
Mr John Taylor has been appointed to serve as a member of the board from 1 February 2022 to 31 January 2025.
The Minister commented:
“I am delighted that John has agreed to serve as a member of the Labour Relations Agency Board and is ready to take up the role. I am confident he will bring significant experience to the role, coupled with his understanding of employment issues, and a keen awareness of the importance of good employment relations practice.
“I would like to wish him well in his new role.”
This appointment is made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland. More information is available at The Commissioner for Public Appointments Northern Ireland website
Notes to editors:
- A pen picture is available on the DfE website
- The LRA is a non-departmental public body, sponsored by the Department for the Economy, offering impartial advice to both employees and employers. It has responsibility for promoting the improvement of employment relations in Northern Ireland. It provides impartial and independent services for promoting good employment practices and preventing and resolving disputes. The LRA has its origin in the Industrial Relations (Northern Ireland) Order 1976. Its objectives are determined by a board consisting of a Chair and nine members.
- LRA appointments are regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments (CPANI).
- Board member remuneration is currently £5,532 per annum, with a time commitment of 10 meetings per year.
- These appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees (if any declared) to be published. Mr Taylor has declared no political activity.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Temporary governing body chair appointed at Belfast Metropolitan College 21 September 2023
- Economic Output Statistics 14 September 2023
- Labour market statistics 12 September 2023
- Co. Down director agrees to disqualification 11 September 2023